Anyone who knows me at all knows that I love to talk – especially to groups of quilty-types. If your guild is looking for a speaker, I’d love to share one of my programs with you. My offerings include:
- Stash Happens (One-hour slide show/lecture/discussion) Does your sewing space look like a scene from “Hoarders”? You can get it under control, and this presentation can help you get started. You’ll get dozens of organizing tips from someone who has seen it all, and owns way too much of it herself! It’s a light-hearted and info-packed look at creating a better sewing space.
- Confessions of a Serial Quilter (45 minute trunk show/discussion) Have you ever wondered how someone becomes a pattern designer? Hear it first-hand from someone who has done it! This trunk show focuses on how working in series helped me develop my own scrappy style.
- Color Stories for Scrap Quilts (45 minute trunk show/discussion) Why are some scrap quilts cheerful and charming, while others are a hopelessly random mess. Having a basic understanding of color theory, and following a clear strategy can make all the difference. Learn how planning and thoughtful editing can result in a scrap quilt that sparkles, not fizzles!
Why not combine a lecture/trunk show program with a workshop, and make a day of it!
- Scrap Therapy
Got a messy basketful of tangled scraps that you just can’t bear to throw away? Scrap Therapy teaches you how to cut and organize your precious scraps so you can actually use them. You’ll feel great about taking control of your ever-growing scrap stash!
- Crazy Quilting by Machine
It’s not just for little old ladies! In this class, you’ll learn how to create beautiful projects that express your personality in a colorful and liberating way. Great for scrap-savers, embellishment junkies, and anyone who ever wondered what to do with the 99 fancy stitches on her machine!
- Original scrap quilt patterns All of my original patterns are suitable for workshops, and I’d love to guide your group through one. Workshops include plenty of cutting and construction tips, and discussion of color stories for making successful scrap quilts. Visit the Patterns page to see all my patterns